Diplomacy is a (kind of) board game. It was created in 1954.
I first stumbled on this game when I was much younger - maybe 8 or so - in Great book of Board Games - kind of a classic in the Czech Republic. I was fascinated yet I didn't have that much friends to play with me. I heard the game mentioned a few times more over the course my life. But never actually played it. Now Vosta's come with the idea. Are we able to realize it?
It's situated in the beginning of 20th century, on the eve of WW1. There are 7 players - or eventually more, as two players may play one nation perhaps more efficiently.
Every player plays one nation - Britain, France, Turkey, Russia, Austria, Germany or Italy. The map is divided in 76 provinces, of which some half are supply provinces. Supply provinces supply you with troops (one per the province) and it's the goal of the game to Every nation owns three of these at the beginning except for Russia with 4.
The game starts the spring 1901 and progresses in half-years (e.g. the second turn is autumn 1901). The turn is spent by negotiating and at the end of the turn all the players write down their orders for their troops - secretly. The orders are then evaluated all at once.
If you wish to know more, try this page - very nicely explained.
We'll have vacations this Friday and Thursday so maybe we'll try it. If someone wants to participate or just give an advice, it's welcome :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment