Yesterday, I went with Laupi to visit one friend of her, who I'd met quite a few times in past as well. Laupi offered me to come with her to make a visit, I accepted - better than to sit at home and also an opportunity to cheer up someone in the bleak hospital environment. I'd prefer to meet again in better conditions, but no matter.
It was in the psychiatric clinic at Karlov. The friend has depression and anxiety disorders and the like. She was on the first sight in the state far cry from the one when I'd met her last time (quite some time ago). Yet according to Laupi, the situation was gradually getting much better.
From her telling us, I got to understand the place was not really very calm, as there were different disorders all in one place - which didn't really go together very well. But I understand space for the people is scarce, unless one gets directly to Bohnice (which in fact I believe provide the best standard of care for the psychiatric patients - though that's just my guess, I can't provide any evidence except for what I've heard).
Is it normal to be "normal"? Of course most of people I know are mentally all right (at least they seem so, which may not be the same), yet there are quite a few people that I know who are or were "officially" ill and yet maybe even more of those, who could use some specialist's help, yet won't seek it. On the other hand, how many people with e.g. pneumonia decide not to go to the doctor?
No comments:
Post a Comment